202107192005 creating a category
Located in: inbox
category creation is an ongoing exercise in tenacity, perception and positioning. Our task is to identify a burgeoning trend and position ourselves at the front of the movement. This trend could be a latent frustration with the status quo (“I’m so sick of cold emails”) or a changing social pattern (“I don’t think I’ll ever want to work in an office again”). 
- Zuora created the category "subscription economy", the best example of this is their sales deck.
- Hubspot created the category "content marketing"
- Gainsight created the category "customer success"
- Drift created the category "conversational marketing" and moved recently into "Revenue Acceleration"
- Is this different from Qualtric's experience management? 75% certain yes it is. Experience management is used to identify their solution, it's not necessarily a category.